Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
PTU character sheet; Since I haven't seen any others around, I made one for my use. Thought others might find it useful.
Topic Started: Jan 29 2013, 12:32 PM (9,212 Views)
planswalker
Member Avatar
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, with the newly-released PTU 1.00 pdfs, I've found myself signing up for and gming games of PTU. However, there doesn't seem to be any character sheets made for it yet. Well, Arcran has a wikidot template, but I prefer something that actually does stuff for you.

In that vein, I went ahead and made a rough, basic sheet for PTU in the style of my early PTA sheet. Here's a link, if anyone's interested in using it. Please note that what I did by myself in an afternoon isn't going to look all that impressive next to my PTA sheet that has been evolving for over a year with many collaborators.

It's still in a very rough beta atm, but it'll be improved gradually.

Known to do list:
change the pokemon moves from the PTA set to the PTU set Done!
look at adding the features and having a features tab much like the PTA sheet
do the same for edges - WIP
be prepared to update the pokemon data when the PTU pokedex is released
create a cover sheet/tutorial page once basic functionality is on it - Functionality incoming!
devote space in to have a proper credits section and version compatibility box

Edit: after a long hiatus, this sheet is once more being worked on, currently 1.02 compatible.
Edited by planswalker, Jul 7 2013, 03:28 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Esprit15
Member Avatar
Champion
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Awesome, this should make PTU way easier to understand for new people. Couple of things I've found so far in toying with it.

Stats on trainer don't appear to calculate for TL1. The bonus 10 that you get is ignored.

Only the first column under Features counts towards features. The two to its right do nothing.

For attributes, when you gain an available point, it instead says that you lost an available point, rather than gained one. While adding a point anyways fixes it, it is misleading.

planswalker
Member Avatar
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
:$ The TL1 thing is because I somehow missed that rule and didn't know to do it in the first place. Fixed.

you sure about the features thing? I'm seeing that it works correctly. There was an issue of I'd forgotten to merge over the "remaining" cell like I'd intended and thus there were two cells to the right of that one which weren't part of the formula (they never were supposed to be). Were those the two you were talking about?

d'oh! That's because I got the formula completely bass-ackwards on that one. It's supposed to be B13-A13 and I switched it as A13-B13. Fixed.

passinglurker
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
the cell at F12 of the pokemon template isn't calculating how many stat points I have left to distribute.

planswalker
Member Avatar
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
... how in the world did I goober that one up? Fixed.

*grumbles to himself about the shoddy work he's done so far and wonders how many OTHER stupid errors there are*

Esprit15
Member Avatar
Champion
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah, then I think they were fine then. I think maybe some more explained color coding would help a lot, like with your PTA sheet (though this is the first draft, so I can hardly blame you on maybe lacking intuitiveness).

planswalker
Member Avatar
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
While there IS a color-coding theme, I haven't bothered to explain it yet as I'm not sure I really like the color scheme so far. I do plan on explicitly explaining it when the sheet's a little more developed. Also, those two cells shouldn't have shown up at all, as they're supposed to have been merged and therefore gone unseen.

edit: went ahead and changed it so that the cells intended to be filled out by the player are a shade of purple I think doesn't clash with the blues. I'm gonna hold off on making up a legend for it just yet, as I want to update the pokemon data before I really consider it ready to be used.
Edited by planswalker, Jan 30 2013, 09:25 AM.

Esprit15
Member Avatar
Champion
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What is supposed to go in the part under background? Increases and Decreases make sense, but there are also three blocks under Background.
EDIT: It looks much better that way. More intuitive at least.

Scheme-wise, why not just go with what you went for with the PTA sheet?
Edited by Esprit15, Jan 30 2013, 09:35 AM.

planswalker
Member Avatar
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's just a place to put what your background is called. It's not elegant and I don't really like it being three cells like that, but I haven't figured out a more elegant way to handle it yet. I'll at least merge the three for now so it's obvious it's only supposed to be one thing.

Serenity Frost
Member Avatar
Baker
[ *  * ]
Tis a silly suggestion that you can ignore, but you could make them notes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Homebrew · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR