Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Update 1.34 - End of 2012; Six years of Pokemon Tabletop Adventures
Topic Started: Dec 3 2012, 05:42 PM (8,166 Views)
Dr Mr Stark
Member Avatar
MegaWailord
[ *  *  * ]
Bleep Bloop 1.34
http://www.mediafire.com/?c5cpr5p5z3ybca3

Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures Beta 1.34 End of 2012 update

All
-Too many typos to list them all. Doesn’t affect how anything works, only how easily it’s understood.

Player’s Handbook
-The Trainer Evasion Bonus has been capped at 6. Also, Wisdom now grants a Reflex Bonus, which is also capped at 6. Evasion dodges hostile attacks with Damage Dice Rolls and Reflex dodges hostile attacks without Damage Dice Rolls.
-Updated STAB’s weird ‘add half STAB for bonus STAB’ that made two bonus STAB one STAB or whatever. Now, when appropriate, it just says add “+1/2 STAB.” Every STAB-related thing was updated to include this wording change.
-The Psychic’s “Attack” Features now use your Constitution Stat as Sp.Atk, since that’s the theme in its advanced classes.
-Latent Potential is now relevant within the Pokedex! Previously you had to do outside-the-books research, but no more!
-Updated the Huntsman Feature from Survivalist. It received a small buff.
-Updated Rain Waker’s “Swimmer.” A small buff.
-The Move Nature Power has received a huge nerf. It’s no longer broken.
-Two new pages in the Items section: Trainer Items and Vitamins!

Pokedex
-Fixed Buneary and Meloetta’s Base stats.
-Egg Warmer is back after missing in action for a great deal of updates, but it’s not as powerful as it used to be. 1d10 instead of 1d20.
-Tutor Lists now have a little “‡” sign after some Moves. This means they are “Natural” Tutor Moves, which are relevant for GMs making Natural/Ancient Tutor NPCs, or for the Breeder’s “Latent Potential” Feature!
-Legendary Pokemon’s Signature Moves are now marked with a “§” sign! If there’s enough of a need for it, even if it’s just for flavor, we’ll add the signature Moves of other Pokemon as well!

GM Guide
-New clause concerning death. Pokemon under level 25 are incapable of dealing lethal damage.
Edited by Dr Mr Stark, Jan 8 2013, 06:31 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Isaac Malus
Student
[ * ]
Alrighty! Looking forward to it!
Do you need help with it? I had a friend who said he could help out. Currently we are starting a game ourselves. I can also punch Cloudjsh7 for you and get what files he has for what he did. Seeing as he lives down the road from me.

ParkaSpace
Trainer
[ *  * ]
All I can add at the moment is friendly enthusiasm and reassurance that your efforts will be well-used.

passinglurker
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
I killed a pokemon a few hours before this release thanks guys

planswalker
Member Avatar
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not seeing how Buneary's stats changed. Aren't they still 6/7/4/4/6/9 ?

Elemental Knight
Member Avatar
Knight of the Spread Sheet
[ *  *  *  * ]
Meloetta's Aria form stats are changed, but not its Step form. Is that intentional? (I dunno what needed to be changed in Meloetta)

More importantly, Buneary's stats are still the same as they are in my Excel sheet - 6/7/4/4/6/9. Is this in fact the correct stat layout for Buneary?

EDIT: Also, an opinion: I kinda don't like the "Pokemon below Level 25 can't kill things" rule. It feels like a hack. I'd personally rather see a rule along the lines of, "a Pokemon can choose whether or not to deal lethal damage; if they choose to pull their punch, they cannot knock a Pokemon below -99% HP." That turns it from "whoops, critical head-splosion" to "I as a player/GM make an active choice", which, in my book, is generally the superior path.
Edited by Elemental Knight, Dec 9 2012, 07:38 PM.

Kairose
Frontier Trainer
[ *  *  *  * ]
The values in your sheet are correct, the 1.33 Pokédex has 6/7/4/6/3/9.

As for Meloetta, Step Form was correct. Aria Form was wrong due to having the same stats listed as Step Form.

Esprit15
Member Avatar
Champion
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't know how I like the INT to CON change. It takes out a lot of reason to buff your INT as a Psychic, unless you are an AC that focuses on INT.

And when can we expect to see the most recent PDF updates added to the Wiki? It's been in v1.31 for a while.
Edited by Esprit15, Dec 9 2012, 08:41 PM.

DNA
Member Avatar
7.8/10; too much water
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

- The Trainer Evasion Bonus has been capped at 6. Also, Wisdom now grants a Reflex Bonus, which is also capped at 6. Evasion dodges hostile attacks with Damage Dice Rolls and Reflex dodges hostile attacks without Damage Dice Rolls.

I'm looking for it and I can't find it. Can someone tell me what page/general area it's found on?
nvm found it. I should have looked harder.

Quote:

- The Psychic’s “Attack” Features now use your Constitution Stat as Sp.Atk, since that’s the theme in its advanced classes.

The requirement is listed as "X INT OR CON", X being the same number for either based on the feature. Thus, shouldn't those features use the INT or the CON stat as the SpAtk stat, whichever is higher (based on that being the requirement to get in)?

Quote:

- New clause concerning death. Pokemon under level 25 are incapable of dealing lethal damage.

A bit of relief for people in the early game, which is nice, but at the same time, 25 seems a bit too high. I think E-Knight's method would probably be better, in which it would be player or GM's choice, or even just lower the bar from 25 to, say, 20. I dunno, it looks good on paper, but I feel like the bar is too high.

At least I got my Croasplosion moment a long time ago.

Edit 2:

This is about your Latent Potential update.
Quote:

Latent Potential Breeder Feature
Prerequisites: Breeder, 18 WIS
Daily – Every 10 levels gained, you may perform this Feature another time per day.
Target: A Pokemon who is leveling up to a level evenly divisible by 5.
Effect: Roll 1d20 and add your Wisdom Modifier. If the total exceeds 15, the pokemon learns a move
from its tutor list marked with an “‡,” or any move on its level-up list at a level lower than their current
level.

So I actually went through the Pokedex on a whim seeing what had that ‡ and what didn't. After going to a bunch of *random Pokemon pages, just seeing what I could find, I barely found ANY of them - of the incredibly small handful of species that did have them, there were never more than 2 ‡ on any of their moves, and they only existed on final evolutions (for example, Metagross' Magnet Rise had a ‡, but Metang does not).

Thus, as is right now, you have effectively crippled the Latent Potential feature to near uselessness, because it can't be used to teach tutor moves of any real consequence (maybe 2 out of a possible 20 on that Pokemon's list?). That desperately needs fixing.

*random = picked a random point at the bottom of the Pokedex (before legendaries), scrolled up about 5 pages, then skipped the scroller about 0.5 inches upward, scrolled up about another 5 pages, rinse and repeat
Edited by DNA, Dec 9 2012, 10:07 PM.

ghotiboy
Trainer
[ *  * ]
I think the point of Latent Potential lies more in the second part there, which lets you level up your first-/second-stage mons who learn moves beyond their minimal evolution requirements without losing the moves their evolved forms would learn (by teaching those lost moves to the evolved form). In fact, I'll wager that most/all of the marked moves are ones learnt by previous evolutionary stages.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR