Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guardian Blocking Walls
Topic Started: Jun 10 2018, 04:37 AM (111 Views)
sideromancer
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Guardian can choose to make their Light Screen and Reflect Blocking Terrain. The Wall keyword states that Walls can be shifted and attacked through, while the Blocking Terrain entry states they cannot be attacked through, with no mention of shifting.

Is "a Blocking Terrain version of Light Screen/Reflect can be shifted through but not attacked through" the correct interpretation of the rules?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fangirl
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here is an excerpt from the Blocking terrain text:

- Blocking Terrain: Blocking Terrain is any wall, mountain or structure in general that you would not be able to naturally walk through.
You cannot Shift through Blocking Terrain, you cannot target through Blocking Terrain. If the object creating Blocking Terrain allows, you may travel over Blocking Terrain or target over Blocking Terrain.

This to me seems that you cannot walk or attack through the blocking terrain screen, but you can target through if it is clear or semi-transparent.

sideromancer
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I used the entry of Blocking Terrain in the move keywords instead, which does not mention travel:

-If an object that your Pokémon cannot see through is between itself and a desired tar-get, it is Blocking Terrain. You may not attack a target behind Blocking Terrain. Some blocking terrain can be seen through, that does not make it Hindering Terrain.

fangirl
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The only thing not clear now is if it is see through or not.

sideromancer
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would expect the screens to be transparent. Nothing in either definition of Blocking Terrain would overwrite the normal opacity (or lack thereof), and it seems kind of pointless if the moves detail how they reduce damage when you can't target across them. (I take concealed but with no obstructions to be the same state as using Stealth, i.e. cannot target through the concealment.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR