Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How are abilities generated?
Topic Started: Apr 14 2018, 10:12 PM (105 Views)
Senarin
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Pokedex pg 7 (as the PDF counts): Pokémon have access to at least one of their abilities from birth.

Handbook pg 256 (as the pdf counts): Pokémon can naturally have up to 2 Abilities, but through the use of various Features or Items, they can have up to
three Active Abilities.

Nothing about how to generate abilities, what the maximum number of abilities are, or whether pokemon can start off with High Abilities or not, and nothing in the GM handbook at all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr Mr Stark
Member Avatar
MegaWailord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry about that, I'll add it to the updated version I'm working on that restores things that were lost in the update. You randomly assign an ability from the Abilities list, or just pick and assign it if you as a GM don't think the "Last Chance" Abilities are very interesting.

jinxchan6306
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So far i have just rolled a dice with as many sides as there are abilities for the pokemon. At evolution i let the player pick 1 to add. So bunneary with last chance can become lopunny with last chance and cute charm.

Remember as DM you can bend and break rules for the player (and yourself) as much as you are comfortable. (Its your world, have fun ~GG ADnD)

Dxjxc
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Pokemon start with 1 basic ability.

At level 40 the Pokemon gains a second ability, this can be either a basic or high ability.

Feats, items, or gm discretion can add or change abilities.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR