Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[PTU] [Class] 1.05 Hacker
Topic Started: Mar 13 2018, 12:30 PM (475 Views)
Rhydis
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello everyone, I have been working on a variety of custom things for my own high technology and high future campaign, one of such things is the Hacker class! The reasoning behind it being that debuffing classes are rare and those that do exist, usually focus on status afflictions, so I decided to try and come up with a futuristic class that can fit the setting of my own campaign. This class has been heavily playtested by one of my players and has undergone a number of different iterations to buff/nerf it's power, until now, where I believe it is in a very good position and slots into the game nicely

Hacker

Trainer Combat: OOO
Travel and Investigation: OO

Everything can be hacked, and everyone, that's your motto, you excel at the art of technological subterfuge and have appropriately learned how to apply these skills in a variety of high demand situations. From messing with computers, to messing with the very genetic codes implanted in a living organism, you are able to hack and tamper with anything of your choosing.

A hacker is a versatile combat class that excels at debuffing opponents and combines with a variety of different classes due to it's "quick action, small gains" nature. In particular any class that does not require action points as much, but uses your Standard actions very quickly combine with this class exceptionally well, such as a Tumbler

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Rhydis, Apr 10 2018, 01:23 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

djtooth
Member Avatar
Mechanics Exploiter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Seems really cool, but I have some questions.
Reprogram modifies mummy, but it shows trace instead. which is intended?
Because propagation requires both a standard action and a swift action to use, would it be too much to not restrict its effect to only adjacent enemies? Maybe X/2 meter burst?
The advanced hacking Venerable condition does not stack with the -2 evasion from restrict mobility. (Just sets evasion to 0) Im surprised this does not reduce the hacked targets movement capabilities.

Rhydis
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
djtooth
Apr 5 2018, 10:03 PM
Seems really cool, but I have some questions.
Reprogram modifies mummy, but it shows trace instead. which is intended?
Because propagation requires both a standard action and a swift action to use, would it be too much to not restrict its effect to only adjacent enemies? Maybe X/2 meter burst?
The advanced hacking Venerable condition does not stack with the -2 evasion from restrict mobility. (Just sets evasion to 0) Im surprised this does not reduce the hacked targets movement capabilities.
Some very good points to address.

- Mummy was the old ability that reprogram used to grant instead of Trace, after playtesting I changed it to Trace as it's alot more fun for everyone involved. It saying Mummy is a mistake and it should say Trace! Whoops! Thanks for spotting :)
- Hack propagation used to be known as "Multi-hacking" which allowed someone to apply their hacks to multiple targets with very little restriction, a burst 2 is a buff that could be better, but increasing it to large ranges could be quite troublesome (Even if those ranges cap at a burst 4) and I hesitate to buff it too much because of the way multi-hacking could easily shut down a group. Hack Propagation is supposed to be a chance to spend your standard action to apply multiple debuffs in a small radius, while Hack the World (The Capstone) is designed to apply hacks to everything in a large radius. I certainly don't want Hack Propagation to take away from that, especially since you can take it right at starting.
- You make a good point about the Vulnerable condition (And honestly vulnerable is already so easy to apply) I might change it to give the target the stuck or slowed condition (It would require playtest).

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Homebrew · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR