Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Class help
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 10:39 AM (286 Views)
capnport
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi! I'm GMing my first game of PTU, and I've been trying to figure out how to give a gym leader powers like this:
Posted Image
You see how he's levitating that Pokeball? That. And I found out there may be a class I could do that with in the Game of Throhs PDF.
One problem- I have no clue how to use Classes. I've been creating characters without them, because when it comes to adding a class, I'm stumped. Any help with how the Classes work? Like- do you need certain skills to get them? I'm so confused.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

l33tmaan
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, you just need the prerequisites to take a class. It's really simple, all things considered. What are you confused about, exactly?

MrRasputin
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Since they are just NPCs they dont have to be built like normal PCs would be. Like its cool and all if you keep them in line with what the players can do but thats just exceptionally time consuming to do all that. Ive been running a game for over a year and trust me when I say that I tried to do it and gave up. Its much easier when players a low level since its very little to do but later on just give your NPCs the abilities/moves that you want and reference the text to make sure you arent making them OP or anything. Also you dont have to look in the Game of Throhs PDF the Telekinetic Trainer Class lets you levitate stuff just by taking the class. If I were you I would recommend looking at the Telekinetic class, give them the prerequisites and some of the other feats you like that fits the character. Dont worry too much about it all being perfectly leveled properly, the players will never know.

Also on the issue of how classes work, what you do is you find the class that interests you, locate the text in the box. That is a trainer class feature, the things below are also features but not class (its distinguished this way becuase you can only have 4 class features and you need the class feature to take the features below it). Additionally below each feature are the words "prerequisite" where it lists what you need to have before you can take the feature
Edited by MrRasputin, Mar 12 2018, 03:35 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop United · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR