Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Talking About Characters; Are there any NPCs/PCs you've made you really like?
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 06:24 AM (504 Views)
capnport
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Most of the topics here are serious questions and discussion about game mechanics. As someone who's GMed several games of Pathfinder, one game of DnD, and is currently in the middle of GMing a PTU game, one of my favorite things to do is create characters to be NPCs. Does anybody else here have any characters they've made for a PTU game they really like?
I'll start:
Maeve, the rival character I've made, because every good Pokemon protagonist has a rival, who tries to act like a tough delinquent even with Frostbite (her Sneasel) making friends with everyone around.
Frostbite herself, a Jolly Sneasel whose stat build is basically pouring everything into speed. Gotta go fast!
Charlotte Cook, a young Fire-type Gym Leader who lights her braids on fire like that one myth about Blackbeard. How does her hair not burn up? The same reason Magcargo doesn't burn everything around it- anime/game logic.
Eden Arcadia, a person with psychic powers like Sabrina and the Psychic trainer class- only, they're a Ghost-type Gym Leader, because they don't want their powers (which, I haven't actually written into their character sheet, I'm still working on that,) to dictate what they do with their life.
Edited by capnport, Mar 12 2018, 10:41 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Flagnine1
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
El Tauros- luchadore extrodinare (athlete/acrobat/dancer) He has an overwhelming but good natured personality. He likes to do tag team matches with his Hawlucha, Aguila. At higher levels he adds a Inceneroar, a Machamp, and a Lucha-chu (Electric/Fighting type).

Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nameless the NPC was a random shopkeeper in the capital city of the region. She owned a cafe with a ghost/dark type theme and my only description for her was like 'has a weavile, dark hair, tattoos/piercings'.

WELL then my players needed a black market for occult goods in a world where religion is banned. Okay, why not creepy occult chick? Sure.

i named her maria and boom, the pc favorite npc was somehow born. by the end of the campaign she had become a major underground leader in a civil resistance.

Kobeyashimaru
Member Avatar
Rules Sharpedo
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This was a short playtest (about 5-6 sessions) but I wanted to have some broad story and some side story just to see what people would do, and I only had 2 people, so I made Valeri Cork; nickname Corky. She was a 19yo professor-in-training sent out with the party to finish her field work in order to become a full professor. Just the cutest little nerd; think weevil underwood from yugioh if he were an adorable college student. Her area of specialization was Eevees. Specifically finding new Eeveelutions, and if she cant, determining why there aren't more and possibly how to artificially make more. Here's the fun part: The broad story I gave them was a vague "the baddies won in a big way and the whole world has sucked for twenty years, so you two need to fix it" kind of plot. My players made characters who were basically hardened war-orphans turned into highly-trained soldiers, and they did not like bubbly, sheltered Corky... at first. They didn't care one single bit about Eevees... at first. And they certainly would never deviate from missions to take this nerd to find some new oddly-shaped puppy to add to her oddly-shaped puppy list... at first. It only took 3 sessions before they couldn't even remember the name of the city the big bad was in, but i'll be damned if they didn't find 2 new eeveelutions before we decided to end the playtest.
Edited by Kobeyashimaru, Mar 15 2018, 08:43 AM.

Red3394
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The first campaign I ever ran of Pokemon Tabletop I was woefully underprepared. The group decided they wanted to play in Kanto, so they were traveling the route between Cerulean and Vermillion and I needed a quick NPC for one of my players to battle. I ended up basing him off of a mutual friend of the player and me who had dressed up as a bug catcher earlier that year for Halloween.

I kept the name the same, Derek, and gave him a single pokemon. A shiny Butterfree. The Butterfree had four moves, 3 of which were "powder" moves and every turn of battle Derek would just yell out "Butterfree, hit em with your signature attack!" Butterfree, being very confused, would simply use one of its four moves at random (determined by a d4). My players found this HYSTERICAL, and so Derek has shown up in every game I've run since then.

TheGloryXros
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I had a short Campaign where my characters met a very shy, feeble, nerdy intern of my Region's Professor named Sebastian. He was always stammering & bumbling around when interacting with the PC team. (I gave him the voice of Kyle's lame cousin too, it was hilarious)
Originally I just made him up as a filler character on-the-spot, and didnt plan on doing anything with him, but I had so much fun playing him that I went ahead & kept him LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop United · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR