Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Guy, also technical stuffs
Topic Started: Feb 2 2018, 12:21 PM (291 Views)
derrekbertrand
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is my intro, because I'm too lazy to make two posts. I'm a Sr Software Engineer and a genwunner who is discovering the awesomeness of modern Pokemon through PTU. I genuinely am considering buying the next title solely because I play PTU and it made me believe in Pokemon again.

I was in one game ran by my friend Allen, and after a couple months of playing, my friend Cody decided he liked it so much he was going to run his own game. So I'm currently in two different PTU games and loving it!

RB Nuzlocke

I did a RedBlue Nuzlocke hack for fun some time ago. Forum post here.

Y u no port 443?

Gais, y u no port 443? Please don't use the internet without protection.

PTU 1.x data

Perhaps this has been asked but are there spreadsheets with PTU data? Item lists, Pokemon lists, etc? Any data in any tabular format would be useful. I'm discussing making some PTU 1.x utility programs, but I really am not fond of fishing data out of PDF files. Good for mere mortals, but not for the ascended.

If anyone has links to PTU data in tabular form, I want all I can get!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moriya
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
There's a bunch of JSON formatted stuff here. I don't think it's up to date with SuMo stuff though (I should get on that). You can also download this and pull out the included XML and JSON files.

derrekbertrand
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Moriya I spent yesterday evening digging through the data in and cwstra's and your repos. Good stuff! Very spicy!

I started doing some grunt work and just typed out some tables by hand.

I will create a repo and post it in this thread soon with data in a little more normalzed format. This will be damn near useless for non-devs, but developers should be able to easily script import of the data into a relational database or object store.

I'll be heavily normalizing the dex, but it's still your data - just massaged out into multiple files and linked by UUIDs.

I appreciate the links! This is a good start.

Kajhera
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ooh. I will keep an eye on this!

derrekbertrand
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've begun adding data to the repo below. In addition to the data I stole from the provided sources, it also contains:
- 115 items with descriptions and cost
- Damage bases
- Natures
- Abilities and Capabilities list (ripped from Pokedex data)
- TM IDs added to moves

PTU Data Repo

It's nothing special, but at least you can load it into a program and manipulate it. The end goal would be to have a nice, up-to-date repo with data that can be used to fuel applications in the PTU ecosystem.

I'll probably end up spinning up a RESTful API for my own needs. If I do, I'll make this available as well. Free to use up to a sensible rate limit.

Kajhera
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Might want to take a look at more of what cwstra has done: PTU Toolkit Data

It has even more json data for abilities, capabilities and other things.

CWStra
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Mostly popping in to say hi, since I'm showing up in passing in the conversation.

Looking at the Toolkit data (located here, since the above link was giving me trouble), I might suggest focusing on a better system for Prerequisites. The format I used seems...inefficient. It was my initial attempt at a format that might be usable for that illusive goal, a Trainer Generator.

Also, there's a PTU Discord, if you want to chat with people there. I know I check it more regularly than the forums. Forum post about it is here. You might already know of it or be in it, but can't hurt to mention it.
Edited by CWStra, Feb 10 2018, 01:19 AM.

derrekbertrand
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
@Kajhera - A lot of the data either is from that repo or was derived from that repo.

@CWStra - I'm mulling it over and slowly going to try to normalize it. The fact that there's been this much work massaging this data done before me gives me hope. lol

I may yet make a visit to Discord.

EDIT:

And also if the data ever gets to that point, that is my goal.
Edited by derrekbertrand, Feb 12 2018, 03:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR