Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pokeball Crafter Feature - Barely does anything?
Topic Started: Dec 28 2017, 05:25 AM (1,018 Views)
LordOfTheFatties
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Poké Ball Crafter
Prerequisites: Basic Balls, Poké Ball Repair, Expert
Technology
Static
Effect: You may craft Dusk, Dive, Heal, Luxury, Net,
Nest, Quick, Repeat, or Timer Balls for $ 700. Requires
access to a Poké Ball Tool Box.

So each kind of ball this feature allows you to make only costs 100 more than the price it takes to craft here. This is a much smaller benefit than pretty much all other crafting features and edges. Does anyone know why? Am I missing something?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It also gives you free access to them and the ability to craft them away from towns. It's value is largely narrative and based on your settings access otherwise. Very useful in an apocalypse based game with limited vendors, not so much if your game takes place in a mall.

NamelessFreak
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, those are pokeballs that are usually assumed to be kind of a specialty item that aren't going to be found in every mart anyway, and even if a mart does stock one thy probably on't have all of them

LordOfTheFatties
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Slytherclaw
Dec 28 2017, 10:22 AM
It also gives you free access to them and the ability to craft them away from towns. It's value is largely narrative and based on your settings access otherwise. Very useful in an apocalypse based game with limited vendors, not so much if your game takes place in a mall.
I guess it just strikes me as very odd and frustrating because every OTHER crafting skill gives a 50% discount or better, but this one is the hardest to get, and gives the weakest benefit. I get where you're coming from, but why is this the ONLY crafting edge or feature that's balanced that way?

Maniacdude87
Member Avatar
Eager GM
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This may be an odd question, where is the feature/edge at in the game materials?

LordOfTheFatties
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Maniacdude87
Jan 12 2018, 05:46 PM
This may be an odd question, where is the feature/edge at in the game materials?
Page 64

Blackhawk748
Member Avatar
Shade Caller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LordOfTheFatties
Dec 28 2017, 01:45 PM
Slytherclaw
Dec 28 2017, 10:22 AM
I guess it just strikes me as very odd and frustrating because every OTHER crafting skill gives a 50% discount or better, but this one is the hardest to get, and gives the weakest benefit. I get where you're coming from, but why is this the ONLY crafting edge or feature that's balanced that way?
My guess would be that the other Crafting Features are a bit more specific to who uses it. Everyone uses Pokeballs, so its pretty much always useful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop United · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR