Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Help needed, reward given to volunteers.
Topic Started: Sep 28 2017, 12:04 PM (1,072 Views)
Firechild513
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello Everyone, I have been working on some physical Pokedex reference cards for Pokemon Tabletop and was wondering if anyone would be willing to contribute. Those who do help will be sent one copy each card in the deck (including any additional cards such as those for item descriptions). These will be on 4.75x6.5" business cards with full color, front and back (A sample should appear with this post).

Now onto the actual work: all I need is information to be added into the spreadsheet linked below. The headers may be confusing, so if anyone has questions as to how to input the information correctly, they can ask them here. The stats are currently being taken from PTU 1.05 and will include most (if not all) of the information found on each Pokemon's page. The information must be added in manually, errors have been found to occur after a copy paste. All moves will be added as time goes on, so the already large spreadsheet will expand later on. Any help will make a big difference and is much appreciated.

Spreadsheet link here.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Sample.png (185.1 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shotte12
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm willing to help. I find myself doing this stuff anyhow so having these would be helpful.

AssaultBird2454
Member Avatar
Programmer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I could help out, I would however like if you could document all the fields in the spread sheet in the post because i see speed stats a few times and dont know whats what e.c.t
Do you plan to make cards for all the mega evolution / alt forms... I would assume you will
Do you have a sample card that you could post a screen shot of for sample purposes, say use Bulbasaur as all it's data is there? Never mind... just saw it... It looks great
Edited by AssaultBird2454, Sep 28 2017, 11:31 PM.

Firechild513
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I will be adding mega evolution, it's just a matter of finding where to put it as time goes on.

Kajhera
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll aid a bit with this data entry when I have the chance.

Edit: What do we do with Pokemon like Butterfree that have 1 basic ability and 3 advanced?
Edited by Kajhera, Sep 29 2017, 06:16 AM.

Firechild513
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kajhera
Sep 29 2017, 06:12 AM
What do we do with Pokemon like Butterfree that have 1 basic ability and 3 advanced?
I will get back to you on that when I'm at my computer, my guess would be just put the first advanced ability in Basic Ability 2 and the other two in Advanced ability 1 and 2, I'll adjust what I need in Illustrator after the information is ready.

superyo3000
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I totally love the result! I would like to have it all!!!
Mmm... There are some pokémon generators which use excel... Why don't you localize the information sheet of one of them and use its data as your convenience?
Its just an idea... I love to work in things like this (for example my own pokemon duel tabletop version) but its a lot of work!!
Edited by superyo3000, Oct 3 2017, 07:40 AM.

AssaultBird2454
Member Avatar
Programmer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When this is complete am I able to use the design of the card as part of my project? I will credit you for the design of the card if like. I will help with the data entry later today...

If you are fine with it can you post a link (or PM me if you want to keep it private) to a base design of the card without Pokémon images or the data on it?

Firechild513
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
superyo3000
Oct 3 2017, 07:39 AM
There are some pokémon generators which use excel... Why don't you localize the information sheet of one of them and use its data as your convenience?
Sadly, I don't know how to do this, currently I'm having to input everything manually until I find a better way. A bunch of the info was added by pulling large amounts of info from other sources (presumably those pokemon generators), but that's personally beyond me.

CWStra
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Probably important: Do you want to use the February Dex, or the original?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Homebrew · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR