Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Servant of Inari Class; A class all about foxes
Topic Started: Jun 2 2016, 11:44 PM (1,351 Views)
MrNumnums
Member Avatar
MrNumnums
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Servant of Inari is something I made for someone that was REALLY into foxes. He got the class off some DND thing and I opted it to PTU and touched up alot of things of coarse. Enjoy ^^

Servant of Inari:
[Class]
Prerequisites: Occult Education rank 4, chosen by Inari, by a fox demon, or joined the cult of Inari
Static

Spoiler: click to toggle

New EeveeLotions

Posted Image

Edited by MrNumnums, Jan 10 2018, 07:00 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aiseya
Member Avatar
One stop short of lunacy.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Very creative! I wish I had a demi-plane!

Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You realize you haven't actually adapted half of this to PTU yet, right? Also it's overpowered as hell.

cerozero
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It not too overpowered you would have to drop a lot of Edges and features to make it work . i was the one to takes the demon side in his game were the other player was the light side . Now thinking about there was some things that could be overpower , But the flipping and flopping use ap and and paper made up for it been over powered . as a gm you look at it this way . Any that can see aura or magic will quickly find you a an evil /good Demon no way about it would be hard to hide the Fox Demon power . So ya Any with a Demon is going to be over powered but the Gm should know how get rules on it .

Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Cero, may I suggest applying grammar check to your post? Please? becasue I honestly can't even parse what you're trying to say.

charlie_k
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I did not fully understand the class as a whole, especially since it wasn't broken down into the usual PTU homebrew class format, but it does seem overpowered.

1. The whole class is based off one skill, and while that was okay in PTA, it's not in PTU.
2. There were so many free actions, that the action economy alone in this class is busted.
3. You're never at a type disadvantage.
4. That feature where you change and keep all your stat increases, simply because a new foe entered???
5. The last feature only needs tails? Where are the Master skill rank requirements?
6. How are any tails hard to get when I can just kill my Pokemon off to a demon?

There's more, but I digress. This needs heavy editing, and balance

MrNumnums
Member Avatar
MrNumnums
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
charlie_k
Jun 4 2016, 08:20 AM
I did not fully understand the class as a whole, especially since it wasn't broken down into the usual PTU homebrew class format, but it does seem overpowered.

1. The whole class is based off one skill, and while that was okay in PTA, it's not in PTU.
2. There were so many free actions, that the action economy alone in this class is busted.
3. You're never at a type disadvantage.
4. That feature where you change and keep all your stat increases, simply because a new foe entered???
5. The last feature only needs tails? Where are the Master skill rank requirements?
6. How are any tails hard to get when I can just kill my Pokemon off to a demon?

There's more, but I digress. This needs heavy editing, and balance
Keep in mind it's meant to be one of the "Blessed and the damded" like classes but weaker. You'd need heavy DM approval as well.

1: There's alot of classes based off one thing in PTU. But i get what you're hinting at.

2: There are.

3: You have to take the typing at the beginning of the day and can't change it for 24 hours. while it helps if you know ahead of time, you can get really messed up after that cus you do suddenly have typing as a trainer but not the stats like a pokemon.

4: It's kinda a rip off of ditto's ability although just with foxes.

5: If you wana be evil and kill pokemon than sure, but most groups, people, or other foxes will know what you did, you'll start turning more demon like, and most DM's will prob punish you lol. Just like murdering other players, makes the game harder.

It is fairly ballanced.

You have to sink HEAVY into the class to go anywhere with it.

None of the class features, tails or anything give you more stats. While it does give you moves that Your eevee's are able to use with time and effort, you don't have the stats to back it up and are lower in stats than most other trainers in fact. So while you do have a good pool to pull from you don't have alot of power behind them.

The DM acting as your "God" actually has alot of pull and say to what your char will do. For example: Your char wants to go get gym badges, but the god that you fallow says that they need you to do THIS or that, or you're not allowed to fight THAT gym because of this or that.
Or you're not allowed to hurt humans (which is a big thing in that lore which holds you back alot) than if humans attack you char, the best you can do is run lol.
so alot of things there and gives the DM ALOT of control over your char.

It can be a fun class if you're abusive about foxes like the guy i made it for was lol.

l33tmaan
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What counts as a fox pokemon, exactly? All I can think of are the Eevee, Vulpix, and Fennekin evolutions.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop Homebrew · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR