Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Tempest Fugit - Chapter 2: With a Single Step; Off to Augur Town!
Topic Started: Mar 7 2016, 09:01 PM (13,624 Views)
Lord Fhalkyn
Member Avatar
The one and the only
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You travel through Holon City until you reach the point where the settlements fade into the great forest surrounding the city. You are on the northernmost route out of the city- route 801. The route continues northwards for some miles before turning west, to Augur Town and the promise of your battle against the Holon League.
The trees stand tall as houses, forming a verdant emerald canopy around you. The receding sounds of the city are drowned out by the sounds of Pokemon chattering away or moving through the brush. Stantler and Deerling pluck the leaves from bushes and low-hanging branches while Emolga, Pachirisu and Minccino frolic within the branches. Along the banks of a small stream, Bidoof trundle by, oblivious to your presence, while some Fletchling peer at you curiously from branches high above you.
The forest if bustling with life, and you can't help but feel alive as well; the inexpressible joy at being alive brings a spring in your step as you proceed along the Route.
Posted Image

OOC Gimmicky Gimmick
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Lord Fhalkyn, Mar 22 2016, 03:48 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Weirdsound
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Helen allows herself a moment to take it all in. As somebody who, save for a few visits with her mother, spent her entire life in Kanto's busiest city, this was quite the change of pace. Pokemon were all around her, and many of them belonged to species she had only ever seen in picture books or laboratory cages before. This place was beautiful.

Eventually Helen's look of awe gives way to her arrogant smirk. She was a trainer now, and trainers had business to attend to in places like this.

"Hey boys," she calls out as she lowers her dowsing rod to the ground, "You mind not jumping the gun and provoking any of these Pokemon quite yet? I'd kinda like to do a bit of rock hunting."

Alphabehr
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shako begins to look around in awe at all the pokemon in the forest, he's never seen any of these pokemon before. Almost drowning out everything he just walks along, pulling out his pokedex to look up all the pokemon around.. finally realizing he was told something he snaps to.

Sorry, did you say something Helen? Oh don't worry, I won't challenge any of the pokemon yet. I'd like to get to know what pokemon they are first.

He smiles as he sticks his nose back in the pokedex.

Revenant
Member Avatar
Friendly Neighbourhood Dark type
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jaime walked calmly with sure steps, even as the streets and pavement of the city turned into dirt roads. There was an air of awe around Jaime as he passed by the massive trees that made up a fraction of the great forest. Jaime came from a big city; Celadon. Before today he'd never set foot into a real forest before. Though if he compared the trees to the houses with which they surely stood at an equal height, he could see why some people called Celadon a concrete jungle. Jaime's eyes sparkled in wonder and his mouth was slightly opened in a slightly unattractive display of awe. All the life around them, the Pokemon, the plants, the trees. It all made for a powerful scenery.

The wild Pokemon as they went about their daily lives in the forest especially caught his attention. Jaime felt he could watch the Stantler and Deerling eat for ages. There was something heartwarming about seeing Pokemon just live, not for battles or contests but just acting out their place in nature. There was a charm to it that couldn't be found in battling, although Jaime wasn't about to give Pokemon battling up for anything now that he had tried his hand at it, and did so well at that.

He recognized most of the Pokemon around and so didn't feel the urge to reach for his Pokédex, but wondered if they'd have the time to scan the Pokemon fully. Some of them caught his eye in particular, like the Deerling and Stantler. From the looks of it, they seemed to be quite fast Pokemon, like Cascade, which meant they might suit his battling style. Also Stantler were quite adept at using Hypnosis which would be a great thing to have.

When Helen speaks up, Jaime nods a little reluctantly. "Alright, but I have an eye on one of those Stantler. It might be a good addition to my team. I wonder if it might be too powerful though..." he trails off a little as he thinks about it. He decides to follow Shako's example and pulls out his Pokédex. Perhaps it could give him an idea of how strong the Pokemon was? He trains the Pokédex on one of the Stantler.

Lord Fhalkyn
Member Avatar
The one and the only
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jamie's Pokedex emits an electronic hum as it scans the Stantler. After a moment, it beeps, displaying an image of the Pokemon. "Stantler, the Big Horn Pokemon," it says in a voice that sounds startlingly like Professor Laurel's. "Stantler can distort reality and generate illusions by altering the air around them. This is used as a defense against larger predators." With another beep, a list showing the scanned Stantler's attributes against the species' average.

Scan Results
Edited by Lord Fhalkyn, Mar 8 2016, 12:00 PM.

Alphabehr
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stantler sounds like a good find Jaime!Shako turns to Jaime as he says this in an excited tone.
Are you thinking of battling it? If so I'd like to watch how you use your new moves.

Shako then turns and begins to look for more pokemon hidden in the forest, I hope I can find one that I feel would be a great fit for my team He whispers under his breath
Edited by Alphabehr, Mar 8 2016, 12:20 PM.

Revenant
Member Avatar
Friendly Neighbourhood Dark type
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Jaime hummed a little in disappointment. The Pokédex hadn't really given him what he was looking for, but that was still useful information. There was no way he'd have remembered Stantler's entire movelist by himself. He turns to Shako."Well, I'll wait a little until Helen is done, so she can search for her rocks without being disturbed by a battle. But yes, I'm going to fight it," he says, no hint of annoyance or such at having to wait in his voice.

Alphabehr
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Shako let's out a little sigh, almost disappointed he'd have to wait to see a battle. He'd never seen someone else challenge a wild pokemon before and was hoping to watch right away.
OK, he sighs.I guess we will have to wait a bit. I'll just continue to look for more pokemon around here. He smiles, and begins to look a little further ahead.

Maybe I can find a great partner for me a Clubba.

Weirdsound
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Helen nods absentmindedly, not taking her eyes off the ground. "Be careful, I don't think that species evolves at all. It might not be easy to tell if the Stantler you decide to pick a fight with completely outclasses our Pokemon or not."

With that she falls silent, bringing the full force of her attention to her hunt for shards.

Shard Hunting Rules:

Shard Hunt 1/2 for the Day:

Lord Fhalkyn
Member Avatar
The one and the only
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ten minutes go by as each of you go about your business.
Helen's dowsing rod led her to an ancient structure buried beneath a large bush- an ancient roadside shrine, perhaps, though whatever purpose it once had has long since been forgotten. More pragmatically, it was a tiny trove of shards- three red, one orange, one green, and one blue.
Jamie's Stantler didn't really seem to mind the attention; it knew he was there, certainly- it even looked up at him and the others once or twice- but it carried about feeding, as though nothing happened.
Shako's wanderings took him off the beaten path. There were other Pokemon he saw, aside from the usual ones- some Combee buzzing about, a Slakoth lazily lying in the branches of a tree, and he tripped over what he first took to be a rock, but, in reality, was a Turtwig sleeping in a hollow in the ground. There were even footprints suggesting a more ursine Pokemon- either a Teddiursa or the world's smallest Ursaring- had wandered about recently.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Tempest Fugit · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR