Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 37
Expedition II; Days 5-15
Topic Started: May 23 2015, 08:49 AM (17,230 Views)
Llyarden
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((So...I'm a derp, apparently, and didn't even realise that I was posting in the Base Camp thread. Reposting the thing here for convenience: ))

The first few days of the journey go by in relative peace. Whether due to the unfamiliar sound of the jeep or due to the nearby presence of Claire's trail, the local Pokemon are quite content to leave the explorers alone just as they are left alone themselves.

Just as the jeep reaches the coast, a cracking sound heralds the hatching of Henry's reanimated egg; a gravel-encrusted Joltik with dark patches scrabbles out of its egg and looks around, blinking its numerous eyes.

At about 4pm six days after the departure from the plateau, though, Claire's trail vanishes. Or, more accurately, the party reach a patch of forest which is in its entirety as withered and dead as the grass that she had moved along. To make matters worse, it turns out that the majority of the ground has turned into a kind of swamp, as is evidenced when the jeep drives a little way in and promptly starts to sink before it can be hurriedly reversed.

Navigating through on foot, though, is unlikely to present much difficulty as long as people watch where they are going.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Henry is elated at the newborn, and cautiously holds it up to look at. "Hello there little one. My you are special aren't you?" He holds out some water-softened jerky with his free hand as Mulch and Morrigan look on curiously. "I'm Henry, I'm the one that hatched you. So I guess that makes me your papa, doesn't it?" He smiles. "I'm going to do my best to make sure that you grow up to be big and strong." As the little mon is distracted by the food offering, Henry will pull out one of the handful of basic pokeballs he has left. "If you tap this mark right here, it'll let you travel with me and keep you safe when things get dangerous, okay?" He indicates the button on the ball.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
[Transferring post to the correct thread.]

Arabella peers out the open window into the marshy ground below as the jeep reverses out of the bog. "Well...." She mutters, frowning at the ground. "I hope nobody was afraid to get their shoes nice and mucky."

She looks up instead at the forest ahead of them. The withered, dead appearance is...well. Not exactly what she expects to find a decent amount of pokemon in....unless they're as unusual and dangerous as Claire. She grins. The idea of unusual pokemon has her smelling the pokeyen already. She stretches, climbing out of the jeep when they land, glad for her boots as she glances at the mucky tires. Zorua follows after her, looking entirely unimpressed at the mess that already clings to her paws. Arabella laughs, sweeping the small furry pokemon up into her arms. "Might not be the best place for you, sweetie," She says, nuzzling the pokemon. "Stick with me, and we'll have our new flying friend try and keep watch, okay?"

With her free hand, she releases Mire. The bird pokemon sweeps to the nearest tree, fluffing up and peering at the group from her perch.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
PokeLife
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Driving was never very enjoyable for Ryan. The most exciting when Ryan felt the warmer shaking and handed the egg to Henry when the Bug Pokemon hatches. When they reach the marsh Ryan parks the car a way back from the swamp so it doesn't get caught in it. Then fathers his stuff and hops out of the car. "Okay time for us to hoof it now. Let's see if Claire can direct herself now." Ryan will release Claire keeping her ball at the ready to return her if she tries anything, "So Claire we need you to guide us, we can't follow your trail easily."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shizno
Paladin of Love
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Azure frowns at the sight of muck, "Aww, I like these shoes..." she mutters before giving a light shrug. Turning her head towards Arabella, she looks towards her with the slightest of smirks, "The git and things might get deeper as we go, y'know. I could always carry you if you'd wish." Is this all she's going to think about at this point?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
gamebrain89
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nikolai pauses as he steps from the vehicle, boots squelching in the muck, and releases Sivo, stretching his arms above his head afterward. The Trapinch plops free of his ball, stocky legs sinking into the ground a little, and he immediately begins amusing himself, shifting his weight and making noises in the wet ground.

"Well, this isn't the most inviting looking place is it?"

He glances around, taking in the sights and looking for signs of life in their immediate surroundings.

"Give me a half hour or so and I can try to get a picture of what's likely to be around this area, if you like? Best not to go off into unfamilar territory willynilly, and all that."
Edited by gamebrain89, May 24 2015, 11:53 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Llyarden
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The Joltik nibbles at the jerky but promptly spits it out again, giving Henry an offended look.

Claire, when she realises where she is, hisses and slithers back to the jeep, apparently doing her best to hide behind it, although her head pokes out past one side and her tail pokes out past the other side.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Arabella laughs at the offer, flashing Azure a wide smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I'd hate to make you struggle anymore in this muck. I'll probably be fine. Although...we should keep an eye out for larger pokemon. I was thinking about it when I grabbed rations, but...something rideable would be nice in this, or something that could at least help us move things....?" She muses, glancing around.

At Claire's response, she raises an eyebrow. "You'd think it would be happy to be back, if this is where it got the stone that gave it such power...have you tried showing it the stone again, see if it responds well to it?" She asks with a frown, head tilted to the side as she considers the pokemon. She glances back at the trees, a bit less ready to bound off wildly into the shadows. She nods at the new kid--an idea of what they're facing would be nice, if he can provide it.

Although, the dead forest being what it is, she wonders if there aren't a few ghost types that have taken residence. Or poison, she supposes, but ghosts sell pretty well on the market. Or they did back home--Arceus knew what the people back at camp found good. "Any suggestions on what we should do while we wait?" She asks, grabbing her bag from the jeep where she'd left it and pulling it over to hang at her waist, Zo sitting on the seat while she does so to keep from standing in the muck.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
-Dealing with the Joltik-
Henry looks properly chagrined. "I'm sorry, I should have given you some different selections. I wasn't sure what you eat, since normal Joltiks feed on electricity, but you're not quite normal are you buddy?" He smiles down at the little bug and pours out some water into the lid of his canteen for the tiny insect to drink from. "Here, use this to wash the taste out." He waits a few moments for the little mon to drink and relax. "Now I can try and keep guessing until I get it right, but I don't think that'd be much fun for you. However, this thing can also scan you, and tell me what you prefer to eat, so I can get it for you immediately." He taps a finger on the pokeball again.

- Present Time-

The swamp was a bit of a disappointment to Henry, this sort of ecology didn't lend itself well to preserving stone, but perhaps there were some outcroppings or other preserved areas where he might be able to strike it lucky. His brow raises when Claire begins retreating. "I'd be willing to wager that the reason we found her so far away was that she was driven out. Likely by the Scoliopede given her reaction to the picture I showed her."

When Nikolai volunteers to look around, he nods. "Yes, getting an idea of what may be around would probably be a good idea. I would suggest that while you explore into the swamp, we poke about the edge. Who knows what we might find straddling these two biomes."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shizno
Paladin of Love
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Azure gives a chuckle towards the girl, "Well, I was only half serious, so it's fine. With those boots, you're better set for wading through this stuff than I am." she says before giving a smile and a shrug, "So, wait, what, we're going in there? But if the things that drove out Clair are in there, they'd be even stronger, huh?" she asks, crossing her arms over her chest, "Just tell me where you want me and I'll get to it." she states with a nod.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Colonising Therus · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 37

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR