Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Expedition I; Days 2-4
Topic Started: Jan 18 2015, 08:03 AM (15,217 Views)
Llyarden
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
((To avoid cluttering up a single thread, your expeditions will all be included in separate threads.))

As Kemp eases the jeep out into the forest, Henry finds a map of the region helpfully included in the glove compartment along with a compass. It's easy to work out that the closest part of the coast is to the north-east, while the grasslands that Arabella and Kemp saw the day before are slightly closer, to the south-east and south-west respectively.

((As an aside, even with the off-road upgrade, your jeep is still slowed while in forests. Because trees.))
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"What do you guys think? Try and cut directly through the forests in order to get to the sea and then move along the coast looking for a river, or cut around to the south-east grasslands and move through there where the terrain is a bit less restrictive?" Even as he's looking at the map he's holding in one hand, Henry is carefully beginning to power up the Reanimation Machine for its first field run.

Once the power levels are optimal, he carefully inserts the fossil into the reanimation chamber where it is clamped into position for the scanning lasers. Once the lid is closed and locked, he pops open a small control panel, and very gently adjusts the settings within; utilizing a technique one of his mentors had shown him to help unlock the hidden potential within any fossil. Then, he presses the small green "Start" button. A progress bar pops up, and the small box begins to hum lightly.

(Beginning Reanimation process, Utilizing Ancient Heritage)
Edited by Lockdown, Jan 18 2015, 09:52 AM.

PokeLife
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I say we go the easiest way, less chance for something bad to happen on our first outing." Ryan looks out the side as they are driving.

Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"I'm fine cutting through the grasslands. Trees seem dangerous if we don't know much about the region," She replies, looking around as they drive.

MMGiru
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kemp grunted after the first two opinions for the safer route, and turned the steering wheel to direct them southward. "My vote - grasslands - makes the majority."

The air was warmer off the plateau, which Kemp greatly appreciated, and knew Atlas would. The air was refreshing after being either in the city or the cold for the past week.

"What sort of pokemon are you all hoping to find? Fossils aside. I wouldn't mind bringing home a new kind of dragon."

PokeLife
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Anything interesting. I figure raising funds will be easier if i can find some interesting stuff. Always wanted to at least see a dragon type." Ryan perks up at the mention of Pokémon, awoken from his daze.
Edited by PokeLife, Jan 19 2015, 03:26 PM.

Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
With the process underway to revive the fossil, Henry places the machine securely in his lap, before turning to address Kemp. "I haven't put a huge amount of thought into it, but I would like to find some large physically powerful mon; like Snorlax or Slaking, to assist in moving larger stone slabs. Other than that I suppose what I'd really like to get my hands on would be a flying type that can carry me quickly around the region without having to worry about terrain." He pauses and takes another look at the map they'd been given. "Though I suppose a water type to help ferry people across that massive body of water wouldn't go amiss either. If we're really supposed to be scouting out places for settlements, we'd best be looking for good harbors on both sides of that gulf."

Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Arabella thinks about it for a moment, pulling out Zo's pokeball and holding it in her lap. "Well...anything that's sellable, I suppose. I can see the appeal of a flying type, particularly for scouting. I usually work best with dark types, so those and maybe something to cover their weaknesses. A flying type, psychic, maybe fire, I'm not really sure..." She trails off, and makes a considering noise. "To be honest with you, as much as I'd love the money I'm sure it would bring in...something like that Charizard they had would be perfect. But I think I'll just see what comes up, and go from there."

Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Hmmm, perhaps once we get to the grasslands we should scout around a bit before moving onwards? Who knows, we may find something quite interesting by accident." Henry contemplates the scenery after that statement, waiting for them to arrive at the biome in question.

MMGiru
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A ways into the grasslands to the south-east, Kemp slowed the jeep, observing their surroundings. The spot he drove up beside had a small pile of rocks, just large enough to be sat on by someone, human or otherwise.

"A moment to stretch our legs?" he asked, slowing the vehicle to a stop, and shifting it into Park. "And you wanted to look around," he continued, looking to Henry. The jeep he left running, unsure what exactly the doctor's machine required to operate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Colonising Therus · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR