Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 35
Base Camp; Days 1-2, 4-5
Topic Started: Jan 1 2015, 01:40 PM (12,402 Views)
Llyarden
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The cave emerges onto a plateau, bare of all plant life except for a few tufts of grass. It is surrounded on all sides by a fairly thick forest, except to the southeast and southwest, where the trees are a lot sparser and it is mostly grasslands.

There are two brick buildings, backed onto each other, but beyond that the only construction is a stage that looks a little hastily-assembled, with what appears to be a large slab of stone set up on one side. There are also a fair number of small tents (10, to be exact) a well as a couple of considerably larger pavillion tents.

Two figures stand on the stage; a tall, elegant woman and a rather more elderly-looking man, both dressed sensibly for the weather in thick coats. The woman smiles and beckons the new arrivals towards her, as the hard-hatted man touches the brim of his hat again and vanishes back into the cave.

It is just as cold up here as it was in the cave.

Mr Messan's Mart
Edited by Llyarden, Jan 4 2015, 01:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Henry and Mulch both stride forward, looking around avidly. "Professors Yew and Maple, I presume?" Henry holds out his hand to them both, while Mulch salutes with one claw. "Dr. Henry Slate. The others should be up shortly, though I'm afraid that we're going to be down a person. Miss Dawson turned out to be a rather unsavory character."
Edited by Lockdown, Jan 1 2015, 01:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Slytherclaw
Member Avatar
Storyteller
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Arabella had shrugged at Azure, throwing the shirt back into her bag and following up the stairs. She pulled her jacket tighter as she went, Zorua following at her heels. Walking out into the open area, she stepped to the side and paused to look around. She noticed the doctor moving towards the stage and the two people standing on top and followed after at a slower pace, looking around the campsite as she walked.

She stopped a little bit behind and to the left of the doctor, watching curiously.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
PokeLife
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryan Takes in their surroundings. Taking in the limited development of the base camp. "Hmm, expected at least five buildings. Oh well, Prof. Maple and Yew I'm Ryan and what Doc Henry says is an understatement. She was being backed by some thugs and tried to assault us and steal from us. But now that we are here got anything that you need us to do immediately around here. We wouldn't mind exploring if you don't have anything." Ryan looks at the rest of the group hoping they can figure out from his vagueness about the group that assaulted them that they should keep quiet about it being Team Rocket.

Charm(Trying to make a good first impression with the Professors): [result]24&3:4:4:6:4,5d6,3,24&5d6+3[/result]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
PokeLife
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sad Guile: [result]4&4,1d6,0,4&1d6[/result]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MMGiru
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kemp turned from the jungle over the edge of the plateau, to look over his shoulder at Ryan. His gaze was suspicious, and very slightly imperious, but he kept quiet. Whatever Ryan's reason for not telling the Professors about Rocket involvement had been, Kemp would question them before assessing whether it should continue.

For the time being, Kemp turned to the tents and observed their quantity. Seven accounted for their group and the professors, which left three, not including whatever sleeping quarters the two brick buildings could hold. It must be for aides, he decided. That settled, he interrupted the conversation between the stage and his peers.

"Where are we, approximately?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Shizno
Paladin of Love
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Azure continued to shiver as she emerged from the staircase leading to the plateau. She looked over the two professors for a moment before turning her attention to their surroundings. Looking over the tents, she walked towards one and opened the entrance to investigate inside. Afterwards, she joined back with the group near the woman, adding in her own opinion as to what to do, "I'd be okay with s-searching around." luckily, her chattering and stuttering had improved significantly since they left the cave.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Llyarden
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Opening the tent reveals a young, scrawny man, apparently asleep. There is another sleeping bag and matress in the tent, but it is unnocupied.

"Unsavoury?" asks the woman. "Ah well. There were some amongst us who thought something was a little off with her application, but what's done is done." She gives a glare at the man as she says this. "Anyway, as you quite correctly surmised, I am Professor Maple; this is Professor Yew. You'll meet the other members of the camp in short order, I'm sure. As to where we are...suffice to say we are a considerable distance south from Kanto.

And as far as wanting you to do anything, you are free to act as you please. I should, perhaps, allow Professor Yew to explain some of the logistics of this mission, however.
"

The man gives a snort. "Yes, you should. Ahem. To put it simply, we intend on constructing a new region here to rival any of the existing ones. You will, indirectly, be funding this construction. A large proportion of the Pokemon here are mutated and will fetch a most excellent price on the market. We have an expert appraiser of Pokemon here in the form of Mr Messan - he runs our little Mart, I'm sure you'll meet him at one point or another. Essentially, you will be paid for the Pokemon - or anything else important - that you find in what amounts to a system of favours. The amount you are owed will be kept track of and can be redeemed at the Mart. Furthermore, the more artifacts or Pokemon you bring back, the bigger say you will have in specifics of the towns and what they offer.

So, then, to put it simply, we want you to find places to construct towns, and routes between these towns. And to fund the construction of these towns, capture Pokemon - not necessarily mutated - and bring them, along with any artifacts you may find, back to us. Obviously you are not expected to fund the entire construction of every building, but once we have the essentials of a town in place, we can deal with enticing people to move out.
"

"There is one more thing, which we have briefly hinted about but not yet fully clarified. When we were first prospecting this potential region, we found strange energy signatures coming from various parts of the area. We don't know what they are. But they are the 'artifacts' we mentioned. Recovering those would undoubtedly be extremely useful. Unfortunately, we no longer have access to the scanning equipment. But if you happen to come across anything strange like that, you will be rewarded handsomely.

Any questions?
"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
PokeLife
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"Okay sounds like you want us to explore and just bring back anything we find. Sounds simple enough. How are the living situations around here if I might ask, are we supposed to set up our own tents or are we able to sleep somewhere?" Ryan takes another cursory look around the simple settlement and thinks on whether to travel through the forest or to the plateau first.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Henry nods thoughtfully. "What's our supply situation like? Does this Mr. Messan get in regular bulk shipments, or does he just order as needed? And, what exactly are the two main buildings here?" He pauses and looks around. "Also, is there any sort of rudimentary map of the general region? Surely someone's done fly-overs with a Pidgeot or some other large flying type?"

Even as he's speaking, Henry can't quite stop himself from looking over at the slab of stone that he'd noticed coming out of the cave and looking it over for any indicators of possible fossils that may lie within.

Edu Pokemon: [result]27&6:6:6:5:1,5d6,3,27&5d6+3[/result]
Edited by Lockdown, Jan 2 2015, 12:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Colonising Therus · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 35

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR