Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
[PTU Blog] Pokémon Spotlight: Dunsparce
Topic Started: Dec 27 2014, 11:02 PM (3,157 Views)
castfromhp
Member Avatar
Mawile Ace
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Read the post here: http://pokemontabletop.com/pokemon-spotlight-dunsparce/

I've mostly been doing less mainstream Pokémon so far, but Dunsparce is a a pretty popular choice around here even if it isn't mainstream-popular. I had to cobble together a lot of this post after I lost a previous draft, so some of the ideas here may be a bit...weirder than usual.

I hope everyone's been enjoying their holidays and that this post can bring a smile to your face!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SuperVaderMan
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes. This post makes me happy.

Serene Grace, Glare/Headbutt Dunsparce was on my final team in X/Y for its para-flinch shenanigans. It wasn't that strong, but I didn't care, because it was Dunsparce.

Pandora
Member Avatar
Cursed
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My favorite Dunsparce to this day has to be the Poison-shifted Serene Grace Dunsparce in the hands of a Poison Ace/Ace Trainer with Brutal Training. 'Tis beautiful and terrifying, I tell you.

Domo
Member Avatar
Kawaii Detective
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Since he didn't make it into the post, I used a Dunsparce to great effect in a recent campaign. The trainer was a Special Attack Ace and a Scientist, so it was easy to get the Dunsparce set up to have Trump Card as an At-Will. Though it doesn't play with Serene Grace, Dunsparce is (somehow) the best user of Trump Card that isn't an underdog's Eevee, and with Focused Command he was able to calmly sit in the back of big gym battles and rack up trump counts to the stratosphere. In his last outing, he got up to DB20 Trump Card with a truly ridiculous special attack stat behind it thanks to the ace features. So I got to use one of my favorite Pokemon and one of my favorite moves, which is always something to consider when building things.

KingMarth
Lurker
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ahh, poor Dunsparce. As a completionist, I've never really used non-Legendary single-stage pokémon as I didn't need to give them experience without an evolution, so I never added them to the party to begin with and they never had the chance to grow on me. With Trainer XP awarded through pokédex completion that tradition of mine has carried over to PTU, but goodies like this article and the Torkoal one give me reasons to look outside of the catch-'em-all mentality.

Amillaiara
Lucky Barbarian
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/127/5/d/dunsparce_is_nonsense__by_firekitsune08-d7hh6pt.jpg

Imma just put this here because I love Dunsparce and conspiracies. Also I had a Dunsparce in a campaign that died *cries* *stabs GM*

Corporal Lance
Member Avatar
E-4
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I really liked this little blurb, it was interesting take on a Pokémon that (as I've seen) rarely gets any love or attention.

Including me. Freakin' hate Dunsparce. That little ground worm dragon jerk has killed SO MANY of my Y Nuzlocke Pokémon for me to ever love the thing. Freakin' Rollout, every time...
Edited by Corporal Lance, Dec 28 2014, 03:58 AM.

Grand Silver
Member Avatar
2 kewl 4 u!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I always loved Dunsparce but never managed to catch one, for some reason they hardly ever showed themselves to me.

Zweilous
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Awyeah Dunsparce. I've always liked the little guy, especially since I've been playing an underdogs run in Y lately. Named her Lumpy Snake Princess and she currently knocks heads with Return/Glare/Coil/Drill Run, though I'll probably trade out Glare for Rollout at the E4. +Acc and Def before Rollout, heckyeah.

I provided a Dunsparce in a cave once, and my players' reaction was priceless.
P1: Dunsparce... is it Ground?
P2: Nah, it's a Bug.
P3: Maybe Bug/Ground? Pokedex!
Dex: Blabla it can hover a little
P4: Weird. So, Flying?
P5: I'm gonna say Bug/Flying.
Me: Roll Pokémon Edu.
[they meet my DC]
Me: You know it's... Pure Normal
Party: wat.
[Proceed to beat the shit out of that poor Dunsparce as it tries to flee]

As for the content of the post, Regalize Glare/Headbutt with Sky 7 is the most terrifying Paraflinch I've ever seen. Even Jirachi has to choose between hitting Grounds and Ghosts.
Edited by Zweilous, Dec 28 2014, 09:00 AM.

Yenek
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Doesn't Iron Head hit both of them no problem?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop United · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR