Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[PTU Blog] Pokémon Spotlight: Torkoal
Topic Started: Nov 20 2014, 05:16 PM (1,607 Views)
castfromhp
Member Avatar
Mawile Ace
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Read the post here: http://pokemontabletop.com/pokemon-spotlight-torkoal/

I thought I'd sneak in a post before half the forum goes off to play ORAS. And it's a spotlight on one of the Gen 3 Pokémon that sadly just never really got much love in the video games.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DNA
Member Avatar
King of Thought
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Torkoal OP pls nerf

A note, you say White Smoke is replaced with 'Steam Power', but the ability's name below that is actually given as Steam Cloud.

Other than that, I like it. Torkoal, at least to me, is one of those pretty cool Pokemon, mostly because it's a turtle AND a walking forge.

BUT NOW I WANT THAT BLACK IRON TORKOAL.

castfromhp
Member Avatar
Mawile Ace
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is what I get for renaming things mid-post. Fixed.

DNA
Member Avatar
King of Thought
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Torkoal thanks you.

Posted Image

Pandora
Member Avatar
Cursed
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Torkoal are great. I know a friend of mine uses one for VGC battles on Showdown. I really need to get him into PTX, he would greatly appreciate his favorite pokemon being way more usable.

Gear_Skitty
Member Avatar
Just Another Cat In The Machine
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nnnnnnngh, that final Torkoal variant is so purrty. I can see it working really well in a Poke-Fantasy game, as said in the blog.

Lockdown
Member Avatar
I SEEE YOUUUU
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
loving that Steam Torkoal, it's a Chef's best friend!

flarnith
Member Avatar
Dancing to my own beat
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
this makes me want to make a turtle based trainer with the black iron and stream variants of Torkoal, Torterra, blastoise, Golem and Carracosta. Type coverage? What's that, I've got kick ass turtles!

The Black Glove
Member Avatar
A Man Of Heart
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I dunno why Torkoal is so unpopular. On my birthday last year, someone wonder-traded me a Torkoal (who was at juuust the right level to be added to my team), and I've raised him into a monster that tanks Garchomp Earthquakes and provides Rapid Spin just when I thought I didn't have it. He's one of my favorite fire types (which is saying something when most of my top 10 are fire types), and I'm running one in a campaign right now who has proven his worth time and time again.

Also, Shell Armor is OP, which is why I run Torterra/Torkoal/Blastoise. I need to find more turtles with different types.

FallenEco
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hey, I've always been a turtles fan, my first starter was a Squirtle way back when. I admit I kept restarting to make sure I got the right nickname; Mickey, Leo, Donnie or Raph...I tried them all. I was naive enough to think I was clever at the time...

Back on topic, Torkoal is a fav of mine and does Raph better than Blastiose ever did and can pull off a great Donnie. Really enjoyed this update.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop United · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR