Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Best Noncombat Pokemon?; What pokemon gets the most use out of combat?
Topic Started: Nov 3 2014, 01:20 PM (2,896 Views)
ShadySpinda
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
After looking through several pokedex entries in the PTU pokedex, I have to wonder: what do you guys think is the most effective pokemon to have out of battle? Have you ever caught a pokemon that you ended up using more to help you out of sticky situations than to fight with? Personally I think Rotom is one of the best, if only due to the gargantuan size of it's capability list. Pick a poke, and campaign stories appreciated. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TM93
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
For a rogue-type Pokemon, Zoroark is a top-tier Pokemon if you don't feel up to running a Ghost Type (most ghosts have Dead Silent, Phasing (or Amorphous bare minimal), Darkvision, and Invisibility, making them fantastic for recon-type missions, although Gengar stands out among them IMO due to Shadow Meld). That delicious Stealth Rank, and access to Illusion and Illusionist, makes it wonderful for espionage and distractions. Tracker is only icing on the cake.

For a Chef's aid (played one once, never got far, but boy did I do my research), I have several (and by several I mean pretty much a full team) Pokemon that work in tandem, and some are variable, but others are more specific. Honestly, all of them work together to make one lean, mean, cooking machine.

Gogoat/Miltank: Milk is a wonderful item for a Chef to have on hand, I forget if it was an ingredient or not. But hey, easy potions you don't have to pay for.
Shuckle: Juicer and Berry Storage, nuff said.
Planter Capability: Pokemon with this Capability should be a top-tier choice for a Chef's partner, a portable Berry/Herb Storage Unit which is also combat-ready is wonderful. Personally I suggest one of each.
Vespiquen: Honey Gather, nuff said.

Now, that's pretty much a full team, but the reasons I CHOSE them were, well, for non-combat reasons, so I figured it was worth noting.

Sadly that's about all I've got for now, I do have to agree the Rotom forms are scarily versatile for Skills.
Edited by TM93, Nov 3 2014, 05:17 PM.

Elemental Knight
Member Avatar
Knight of the Spread Sheet
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Threaded. Get yourself some Threaded. While all Capabilities have some potential for wonderful shenanigans, few measure up to the power that is Threaded. Threaded OP.

In the hands of a creative player, Threaded lets you do so much. Not only is it fun in combat - tripping, pulling, snaring, tracking, and blinding foes, if your GM lets you get away with it - but it's handy out of combat as well, because you can try to use it for psuedo-crafting.

Out of Bandages? Get your Cascoon to spin some silk! Wanna deliver a nasty surprise? Have your Butterfree make a bag, and then fill it with Poison Powder. Need to tie someone up? Make some silk rope!

Another one I need to point out is Luxray. Specifically Luxray, because only Luxray has X-Ray Vision. You can see through most walls, floors, or ceilings, unless you're specifically in a stone dungeon or something. This lets you see traps, upcoming enemies, obstacles, and hidden treasure! It might also help with Medicine rolls, if the Pokemon can point to where the bone's broken or where the poison barb is under the skin.

DNA
Member Avatar
King of Thought
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm partial to anything with Glow, because visibility in dark caves (and you'll be going to a few of those) is always a great thing to have. Lately I've been more partial to Victini because of its amazing utility both on and off the battlefield. (I know it's not readily available, but still...)

Quote:

For a Chef's aid (played one once, never got far, but boy did I do my research), I have several (and by several I mean pretty much a full team) Pokemon that work in tangent, and some are variable, but others are more specific.

I think it's 'tandem', not 'tangent'?

TM93
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
DNA
Nov 3 2014, 05:14 PM

I think it's 'tandem', not 'tangent'?
>.>
<.<

I know what I said

*edits*
Edited by TM93, Nov 3 2014, 05:18 PM.

Grand Silver
Member Avatar
2 kewl 4 u!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have to say this Victini is the Excalibur of pokemon.

DNA
Member Avatar
King of Thought
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
lololololol

Captain_Six
Member Avatar
Fightsmith
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
While having a pokemon that is good at helping recovery goes without saying, I've been surprised lately at just how good Chikorita can be at it. Between recovery and blessings it can learn, making a complete pacifist Chikorita isn't all that difficult. I thought it was an interesting alternative to the traditional pink healers.

My preference in pokemon tends to the more mundane, so my experience in using pokemon as a utility is mostly limited to using flight to carry or retrieve things.

NickKnack
Member Avatar
Maniacal Laughter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd have to say Any pokemon with pickup.

Who doesn't love a free item EVERY DAY?

Robot
Member Avatar
Giant Mecha Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm going to go with Swim capability, because Onix has it, and I'm abusing the crap out of it. Pls nerf.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon General · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR