Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pokemon Tabletop. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
PanoramicPanda's P.T.U. Tools! (v1.4); Roll20 Character Sheet as Well
Topic Started: Apr 28 2014, 08:19 PM (17,742 Views)
PanoramicPanda
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So I've been bored the past week and needed a good excuse to turn something Pokemon into a final project, so I made this

PanoramicPanda's P.T.U. Tools v1.4

It's only version 1 of the site, and I know it doesn't look the best - but it's functional as can be. I've never been good at the look and feel of sites, at least when I've whipped them up in a week. It was also designed with widescreen monitors in mind, though the look does shift a bit on smaller widths.

Current Features
Click to See

Planned Features
Click to See

Known Bugs/Issues To be fixed in future versions
Click to See

Change Log
Click to See

The Next Update....
Click to See

If you guys spot any discrepancies between the data on my site and the book, please let me know! I banged this out in a week, so there are bound to be some issues between what's in the PDF and what I have being displayed.

Again, I apologize for it looking like drek, but I wanted to get it out there as soon as possible for people to use, as even in this state it's still functional.

I'll begin work on version 2 soon, and while it will take longer to get out, it will be a lot nicer. If you have any suggestions, feel free to shoot them my way as well.
-------------
Edit 4/29/2014 - Added known bugs, and stuck things withing spoilers to shorten post.
Edit 4/30/2014 - Updated to v1.1, condensed combat stages into a selector within the stat table.
Edit 5/9/2014 - Updated to v1.2, added a handful of features and fixes.
Edit 5/26/2014 - Updated to v1.4, added TMs into generation.
Edited by PanoramicPanda, Jun 1 2014, 09:01 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marhatus
Member Avatar
Avid Lurker
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I've added this to my bookmarks and am definitely planning on making good use of the pokemon generator! I would really like the option to specify how many pokemon are generated, and also to be able to filter by two categories at once (Habitat and Generation, for example). But those are honestly fairly minor. It would also be great to have little drop-down menus for each stat to adjust combat stages, and then a "final stat" column which applies said combat stages, instead of having a combat stage table; this would better mirror most pokemon sheets I've seen, and is generally easier to read. It's certainly very useful as it is, though. Thanks for making this! :3
Offline Profile Goto Top

PanoramicPanda
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I went to do the multiple generation on this version, but couldn't make it look presentable enough to turn in for a final, so I scrapped it. I'll add that to version 2 for sure though. A combat stage drop down would be a good idea too. That will really play into the full digital sheet in v2. I like the idea of two category generation too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bango shank
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is basically exactly what I need for my game and I want to thank you very very much for it! The only suggestion I can make is the ability to generate pokemon within the site itself, like say you have a specific pokemon in mind and want to quick generate one or two with move set, stat spread and the like.

All in all an excellent tool!
Edited by bango shank, Apr 28 2014, 09:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

malonkey1
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Aaaaaand bookmarked. You've saved me so much time I may get a hobby.

Gazes off into distance for a few minutes in a "Scrubs" style fantasy.

...Who am I kidding. Tunas don't have the spirit to make it in gymnastics.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KujiUn
Member Avatar
Data Manager
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, your tool has a bit of lag to it. This could mess up your level statter calculations (I put a Pokemon I've been using for a campaign, and it says I have 14 points left even though I used all my points. I managed to recreate the problem and make it show 15 points left with the same exact stats.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

PanoramicPanda
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, it's proabably cause it's doing the checks and calculations using ajax and php calls. At least in version 2, if not a 1.2, I'll rewrite it to be pure javascript which should fix the lag with it. If you don't rapidly click, it should go fine though right now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Solysp
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is fantastic!
Offline Profile Goto Top

PanoramicPanda
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks :D I plan to start the planning and database for v2 soon, and it will be even better! Mostly because I'll be taking my time with the development instead of trying to hash it out in 5 days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Flamesoul32
Member Avatar
Pokémon Trainer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Any chance this could be made into a downloadable program? v1 is awesome but I can't always have access to the internet when I game.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pokemon: Tabletop United · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Pokéball created by Sarah & Delirium of the ZNR